You can access directly from the property:-
Walking and cycling on miles of quiet forest roads
Knapdale Beaver Trial and Trail - Lochs Barnluasgan and Coille Bhar. We are the nearest holiday accommodation to the Argyll Beaver Centre and the beaver trial area.
Other activities and days out include:-
- Nearby Forest and Land Scotland biking trails
- Kilmartin Glen with Museum, standing stones, burial cairns and rock art
- Ancient castles
- Nature Reserves
- Crinan Canal
- Sea fishing
- Pony trekking
- Boat trips to the islands
- Distilleries in Campbeltown, Oban and on the islands Jura, Islay, Mull and Arran
The nearest sandy beaches to the house are:
- Crinan Ferry - from the house head back down to the Crinan Canal, cross it via the bridge at Bellanoch, continue on to the first crossroads, fork left here and follow the road round to the beach.
- Kilmory Knap - from the house follow the road down past Achnamara, Castle Sween and onto Kilmory Chapel. Park at the chapel and walk down to the bay.
Further information on a wide range of places to visit and things to do is provided in the house.
Shopping and Eating Out
Lochgilphead has a range of local shops and a supermarket for all your shopping needs.
There are also a variety of cafes and hotels, a fish and chip shop and both Chinese and Indian restaurants/takeaways in the town.
Further afield but within easy reach there are hotel/restaurants in Crinan, Cairnbaan, Kilmartin and Tayvallich.
We are also a pet friendly house although we do ask that you don't allow them up on the furniture or to sleep on the beds. The area around here is perfect for exercising your dogs and after a long muddy day there is an outside tap to wash them down!
We require occasional use of the steadings and sheds external to the house, however, this will be kept to a minimum and every effort made to avoid interfering with your enjoyment of the peace and the location.
How to find us.
The farmhouse is situated half a mile beyond Barnluasgan, on the Achnamara road.
From Lochgilphead take the A816, Oban direction, for 2 miles to the junction with B841, Cairnbaan, follow B841 for 3 miles to "T" junction, turn left onto B8025. After 1 mile you will come to a "Y" junction, take the left fork past the war memorial and Barnluasgan FLS car park, Gartnagrenach is the second access on the left and is signed.
what 3 words to road end https://what3words.com/settled.boils.nights